Saturday, September 09, 2006

Hey, I got somethin'!

So I got a cool thing in the mail today. A letter from the Austin Film Festival saying my script Disaster Man is a second rounder in this year's Comedy category. I'll take that. It's always good to have some external validation, a nod that says someone else out there "gets" Disaster Man, in which a spastic would-be comic book artist battles his professor for the ultimate action figure.* Naturally, it's about fascism.

Sure, a win would have been nice, and would have built on Disaster Man's Chesterfield semifinalist placing, but this felt like a gift. I wish I could say I'd carefully clipped five proofs of purchase from blisterpack cardboard, sent them in, and waited 8 to 12 anxious, mailbox-checking weeks for delivery. But I didn't. I forgot. It's been a busy summer. See you in Austin this October.

*The Crimson Shaman with Obsidian Gauntlets. No, you can't have him.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats! :)

3:47 PM  
Blogger Ryan Rasmussen said...

Thanks, MM!

8:01 AM  
Blogger Thomas Crymes said...

It's always good to get external validation, especially when you've made the effort to make something better . . . and it is.

Congrats and welome to Austin!

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home