Saturday, October 16, 2010

THE HOBBIT Is Go!

The upcoming two-part production of The Hobbit has at last been given the green light. My buddy Jack over at The Noldor Blog has posted the full press release, which confirms that Sir Peter Jackson will direct the prequel to The Lord of the Rings Trilogy beginning in February 2011. Though it doesn't say so, presumably the filming will take place here in New Zealand. There's still a labor dispute and MGM, the international distributor, is teetering on the brink of the abyss. But the engines of production will soon be firing (with pre-production going on for some time now), and that's good news for everyone in this country.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Raquel M. said...

It's awesome isn't it!!!?? I'm probably the #1 LOTR fan... not just the movies but the books too. I read them when I was seven or eight and I'v been a fan since I was like 3 or 4! So, this is really exciting! And Elijah Wood, Ian McKellen, etc are coming back! Just have to wait until December....
;
----the Hobbit girl, Raquel Medina

7:05 PM  
Blogger Ryan Rasmussen said...

Hi, Raquel! It sure is awesome - and really exciting to be living here in Wellington as it's happening. If you haven't already, I suggest you check out my friend Jack's blog at www.nznoldor.com.

Best of luck with your writing!

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home