Monday, April 30, 2007

Now the Fun Begins

To date, I have not actually admitted, within these pages, to writing a Viking screenplay, and now I’ve written one. Sure, it’s a first draft, the beginningest of beginnings, but it’s something, and it’s done.

And it feels gooooood.

Yesterday was the first actual, honest-to-God weekend day I’ve had in the 29 days since I began drafting, and I didn’t quite know what to do with myself. Did you know that there are parks and people in them, and little children flying things rumored to be called “kites”? It was fabulous.

It also feels good to know that while I’m living underground, eating from a can, Holy Embers continues to provide value-added content. No blog can be all things to all people, but I’d like to think Holy Embers comes darn close. If you need to Google something urgent like “meatcake recipe norway,” you can rest assured that I got you covered.

But back to the Viking script. I’ve never written a draft so fast. I can’t tell you what’s in it, of course, but I do feel quite confident in revealing my methodology. I now wholeheartedly vouch for (1) researching, (2) outlining, (3) treating (treatmenting?), and (4) packing off your significant other to where the water goes the wrong way down the drain.

Incidentally, Jenifer is doing quite well in New Zealand, thank you, and I shall join her on Sunday (to recuperate, not teach yoga). The next edition will probably come from Nelson, on the South Island; so until then, have fun Googling “europa repetition OCD.”

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger aggiebrett said...

I have it on good authority that Viking movies will never work.

[thumbs up]
.
.
.
Mjollnir B

10:55 PM  
Blogger Thomas Crymes said...

Glad to see you're producing. Now enjoy your time in Middle Earth.

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have now read it, and I pronounce it good.

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home