Sunday, November 04, 2007

You Are Burning Me, Part 2: A Meme

Really, I didn't mean to blog so soon. But Brett had the audacity to tag me for a musical meme swirling 'round the scribosphere. The task? Courtesy of Rhys:
So here is your assignment for today, dear readers. Find a song that inspires you to write something, whether it gives you an idea for a script or just puts you into a better frame of mind. AND/OR (don't you love choices) peek into the lyrics and find a stanza that sums up the theme of whatever script you're working on. It's quite uncanny how the two circumstances go together.

If possible, post a video of the song to really get people into the mood. (Yep, I'm aware of the irony of using Internet clips during the pissing contest. I like irony as much as bitchiness.)

Most of my writing sessions begin with a cup of coffee and multiple playings of Eivør Pálsdóttir's “Nú brennur tú í mær.” I've written about the Faroese singer here. Thematically, my current script is probably closer to U2's "With or Without You," but Eivør's lyrics are nonetheless relevant:

When you flew by I could find no peace
Your fiery kiss burned me

and I will not kiss you again
You are burning me . . .
I saw you wrapped in her
Kissing her tears and letting her heal your wounds
You are burning me . . .



Next in line: Tom, Unk, Mystery Man on Film, Scriptweaver, and R[w]C.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Rhys said...

Ooh, gorgeous lyrics....puts me in the mind for everything from drama to supernatural...

1:49 PM  
Blogger aggiebrett said...

Very cool.

But whaddya mean that you'd not intended to blog again so soon? What are you-- Comet Kahoutek?

Weenie.
.
.
.
B

6:38 PM  
Blogger Ryan Rasmussen said...

I just enjoy saying things are your fault, B.

7:13 PM  
Blogger MaryAn Batchellor said...

Glass of water, please.

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home