Tuesday, November 06, 2007

You Are Burning Me, Part 3

I really did not intend this entry. And it has nothing to do with Eivør, Faroese ballads, or inspiration. Consider it more of a PSA for writers and other layabouts. See, I was sitting and relaxing "while enjoying the new look and revitalization of Downtown Phoenixville" at a pleasant local café-slash-gallery, about to take my first sip of a steaming hot clay mug of coffee, when the handle decided to snap. Gravity did the rest, and I was soon enveloped in a cloak of liquid pain. About as much fun as a meatloaf piñata.

Life happens, of course, just usually not in such a swift and scalding manner. Also, I do my best not to scream like a little girl if I can help it.

To his credit, the barista was equally swift in his aid, and soon handy antiseptic burn pads were placed on the affected areas. I believe I shall soon recover without any lasting effects, and with any luck the next batch of Holy Embers will be both more intentional and true to form.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch!

8:22 PM  
Blogger Tony Shoemaker said...

SUE EM! SUE EVERYBODY! Hey, arent't hey supposed to have warning plastered all over their mugs that says "WARNING: CONTENTS HOT!" If they had that on there, they'd be scott free, but hey man, they're just asking for a lawsuit!

Just kidding, and here's to hoping your crotch recovers soon. ;)

1:18 PM  
Blogger Ryan Rasmussen said...

Litigation and naughty bits, two of America's great pasttimes!

But lo! with my exceptional constitution score I was able to easily make my saving throw and thus avoid a critical hit. Actually, and thankfully, the only damage is what looks like a minor sunburn to my left forearm.

6:06 PM  
Blogger Tony Shoemaker said...

Ah I see. Do you like how my brain went straight to the nether regions? My assumptions seem to always be south of the border, as they say. Not that I think it says anything about me...

11:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hmmmm...should I heed that as a warning to avoid clay coffee mugs at said cafe?

6:52 PM  
Blogger Ryan Rasmussen said...

Mainline Mom: Just inspect the handle seam before imbibing!

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home